Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yummy layers!

I was so happy with the layering combo I came up with for today's post! Get ready, it's a bit pic-heavy :)


My stubby little right hand :)


I started with 1 coat of OPI-Nail Envy and 2 coats of OPI-Do You Think I'm Tex-Y. Then one coat of CG-Snow Globe and 1 coat of OPI-Servin' Up Sparkle, followed by one more coat of Tex-y and SV.


I couldn't stop staring at this when I was finished, so pretty. I wish the pictures did it more justice, it's beautiful IRL. I may need to get my hands on a full-sized bottle of Tex-y instead of my measly mini bottle.





Some ugly step-by-step photos: this is with one coat of Snow Globe.


And one coat of Servin' Up Sparkle.

What do you think of this jelly sandwich? And any reccomendations on more awesome jelly polishes to layer with??


4 comments:

  1. I think this looks really awesome, and your actual nails are gorgeous! I'm trying to grow mine out passed what I'm used to and I hope they look as good as yours. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That means a lot to me because I was a chronic nail biter all my life until about a year ago, so I'm so proud to have long natural nails now! (Although my damn right hand always has to have a broken nail for some reason)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your layering combo looks like a candy-shop delicious concoction!!!! Wow!
    I have the coral/orange shade from this collection (the name now escapes me ... bangs head)... I love how you layered it. I don't layer often... worried that it won't turn out stops me from even trying (I know I know).
    This looks delicious!
    And your nails, what you call nubbins ;) looks like mine at the max length that I can tolerate before they meet the clipper ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marta, I think the polish you're referring to is Y'all come back now ya hear? Or something like that!
    And thank you!! I wish I knew how to franken, I would want to make something exactly like this polish!

    ReplyDelete