Saturday, November 12, 2011

Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day was yesterday, so I did some American flag-inspired nails to wear to Applebee's (where I work). We give out free meals to Veteran's and active duty military to honor their service, and the restaraunt stays packed all day! I love working Veteran's Day, but it gets a little crazy.
So here is one pic of the mani I did.. this is after 2 days of wear and with bad lighting, so I was a little limited.



I used the red base from my previous mani (2 coats of CND-Just Red! and 2 coats of CND Effects-Gold Sparkle), then stamped with Sally Hansen Whirlwind White on the thumb and middle finger. For the stripes I freehanded diagonally with Sally Hansen Whirlwind White and then OPI-Ogre The Top Blue. Then a coat of SV, and 2 stripes of glitter done with a nail art striper from Sallys. Finally some blue rhinestones and another top coat of SV, which I am getting a little tired of lately because it's always shrinking my polish! Has anyone else dealt with this? Any tips for a similar fast-dry top coat that won't shrink? I also use CND Air-Dry but I don't really love the formula..

No comments:

Post a Comment