Saturday, November 12, 2011

Snowflakes/First Haul Post

First on today's post I'd like to show you my first snowflake mani for the year! I live in Kansas where the weather is known for being completely unpredictable. It can be beautiful 70 degree weather one day and freezing snow the next. I've even seen snow in April! Anyway, I've been dying to do a snowflake mani since I first bought my stamping plates, and since we had a little snow last week I think I'm allowed :)


I used 2 coats of OPI-No Room For the Blues as the base. Then Sally Hansen Whirlwind white for the snowflake stamps. I used a dotting tool with WW for the white dots, then did one coat of OPI-Serving up Sparkle finished with a top coat of SV.






The next part of today's post is my first haul! (Not MY first haul, but the first one I've documented on my blog!) Thanks to Marta @ChitChatNails for the suggestion :) These are the all the polishes I mentioned in my previous post that I bought from Aerial at their 12 items for $10.00 sale!


First are the Color Club polishes: Take Me to Your Chateau, Object of Envy, and Recycle This!


Next is CND. From L to R: Brilliant White, Super Matter Top Coat, Gold Sparkle, Gold Shimmer, Jade Sparkle, Creamy Cameo, Muddy Rose, Just Red!, and Red Sparkle.

The only one I can complain about is the matte top coat,  it definitely didn't give the matte finish I was looking for. Here's an old mani I did where I used it, you can see it has more of a satin finish:



I also have a swatch of Creamy Cameo, which is my favorite of all these. It's a beautiful color!


Hope you enjoyed this!


1 comment:

  1. Where do I start?
    Servin up Sparkle was the perfect little touch to this season-is-upon-us manicure! Love the finished look!
    Thanks for the mention! You scored some real nice polishes... those CND effect polishes will work wonders in your creative hands!!! Can't wait to see!
    And oh that lovely lovely lovely peach shade! You pull these off sooo well!

    ReplyDelete